Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, March 2, 2018
- 6:30-8:30 Hello Dolly. Leesburg First Friday is hosting the drama students from Riverside High School, performing songs from their upcoming performance of the Broadway musical, Hello Dolly, as they stroll around downtown. So be on the lookout for students just breaking out in song as you walk by.
Location: All Around Downtown
- 6:30-8:30 Irish Dancers. Coldwell Banker is hosting the Irish Dancers from the McGrath Academy of Irish Dance, with these talented children performing a lively show of traditional Irish jigs, reels and step dances.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Gary Smallwood. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring locally acclaimed, singer/guitarist, Gary Smallwood. His style of music consists of Classic Rock, Country Rock, soulful Blues Rock or what he likes to call: “flat out guitar-driven rural contemporary music.” He sometimes will incorporate soul, R&B, funk, country and ‘show tunes’ into his playing. He usually plays over 200 shows a year.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-10:00 JMU Band. 14 Loudoun, downtown’s dive bar, is hosting Little Storm, a five piece rock band with students all from JMU, playing an array of Blues, Southern Rock, Root Rock and other various genres.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Tom O’Neil. Black Hoof Brewing, downtown’s newest craft brewing pub, is featuring acoustic guitarist, Tom O’Neil, of O’Neil Architects, singing a variety of classic rock songs from yesterday and today.
Location: 11 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:00 Music and Tea. The Very Virginia Shop is featuring vocalist, MacKenzie Mees, on guitar, performing an array of contemporary tunes. Also, there will be a tasting event, with True Honey Tea and their over 6 flavors of gourmet teas with honey crystals. Also, samples of Virginia peanuts in over 20 flavors!
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 7:00-11:00 Rock Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is holding an indoor concert in their back lounge with Red White & Blues, a blues and rock band from Purcellville featuring Rich DiStefano, Jim Donlon, Jeff Munzell and Eric Werling. They play classic rock, blues, country and anything with a little twang in it.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Kimmy Swift. Trinity House Café is hosting vocalist, Kimmy Swift, on ukulele, performing some fun contemporary pop songs.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-9:00 Rocker Bob. Bike TrAle Brewery is hosting acoustic rock guitarist, Bob Crerie, playing an array of classic rock tunes that you could sing along to. Stop by to check out one of downtown Leesburg’s newest business.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-8:00 Blues Jam! Shoes, Cup and Cork is featuring Fast Eddie, along with Dave the Hippieman, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Aaron Lowry. The Leesburg Diner is featuring an Aaron Lowry, who plays guitar, harmonica and foot tambourine. He will be playing a range of music from folk to originals to rock and everything in between.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Teen Rocker. Sona Bank is hosting rock guitarist, Joshua Lapham, accompanied by his dad, John on the drums, playing a wide array of rock and blues tunes.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Frank, “The Crooner” performs in the stylings of Sinatra, Martin, Bennett, Como and many other Crooners as he is dedicated to preserving the music of the great American Standards Songbook!
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Show of Ireland with Music. Photoworks is excited to present a photography exhibit entitled, Show of Ireland, with amazing photos from the Celtic island. They are also celebrating the 3rd anniversary of their Leesburg School of Photography. Plus there will be live music by rock guitarist, Laurie Mangold who will be playing an array of music including some Irish tunes.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 TRYST Select. The Tryst Gallery is having a group show within our group show! For the first time at TRYST, they are hosting TRYST Select, a Pop- Up Exhibition of multiple artists in our Featured Artist space! Stop by to see how many artists we can fit into our Featured Artist space! Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Hard Cider. Wild Hare Hard Cider is sampling out some of their fabulous ferments that from their Cider Library. These ciders have aged incredibly well but there is a limited amount available, so come early!
Location: Market Station – Lower Level
- 7:00-9:00 Teen Open Mic. The Embark Center for Self-Directed Education is hosting Teen Open Mic Night, so grab the mic and come sings some songs or do your killer comedy routine. Open to teens ages 12 and up. Concessions will be available.
Location: 103 Loudoun St SW
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Fine Gallery is celebrating hosting an open house with wine tasting and a new art exhibit. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Ed Barney. The Old Town Grill is hosting acoustic rock guitarist, Ed Barney, playing a wide range of music from Folk to Bluegrass to Classic Rock.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-10:00 Jazz Pianist. The Lightfoot Restaurant is featuring Caleb Nei on piano, playing an array of fabulous jazz tunes.
Location: 11 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The DeLandtsheer Art Gallery is hosting an open house showcasing their premium exhibits dedicated to functional art, sculpture objects, and design. On display are one-of-a-kind sculptural lighting by Belgian artists, Walter Duportail & Kevin DeLandtsheer. Also is an exhibition of bronze sculptures by one of Belgium's most celebrated sculptors - Jan Desmarets. Stop by to see their amazing glass sculptures, chandeliers and bronze sculptures!
Location: 2B W. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW Free
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist to be announced and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Student Art Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is hosting a new exhibit on the second floor of Town Hall featuring the mixed media artwork of students from Tuscarora High School. An opening reception is planned from 6-7pm, as part of the monthly Leesburg First Friday celebration of the arts. The student’s artwork will be on display through May.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, on display this month is an art exhibit by the art students of Loudoun County High School, which will be on display throughout the month.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:00 DJ ZBreezy. Bites Wine and Grilled Cheese Bar is hosting music from DJ ZBreezy, on their heated front porch. Grab a seat and a pitcher of Sangria and get ready for some great tunes!
Location: 105 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9pm, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic drinks. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out their selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and fabulous jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!