Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, March 3, 2017
- 6:30-8:30 Broadway Show. Sona Bank is hosting Heritage Drama performing songs and dances from their upcoming performance of the musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie, featuring an all-star cast of Leesburg students. Heritage Drama will be performing the entire musical at Heritage High School on April 27th – 30th and May 5th – 6th. Don't miss this chance to see a sneak peek on First Friday, of this fun Broadway show.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 7:00-11:00 Rock and Blues. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring the Lost Locals band, playing all kinds of rock, blues and funk; featuring a bunch of local middle-age parents.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Let’s Get Rowdy! Blue Mountain Café is featuring RowdyAce, a three piece band playing music from the 70’s through today. Known locally for playing at Smokehouse Live, they are now ready to play the big time in historic downtown.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz Concert. Trinity House Café is hosting a performance by The Felonious Monks, a lively six piece jazz band playing all kinds of jazz and blues tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:30-9:30 Crooked Angels. Leesburg Brewing Company is hosting live music with the Crooked Angels, an acoustic guitar duo, consisting of Jamie Potter and Amy Sullivan, playing Americana blues and root music.
Location: 2C W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:30 Laurie Mangold. The Leesburg Diner is hosting live music with the singer/songwriter, Laurie Mangold, on acoustic guitar, playing an array of classic rock songs.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:30 Celtic Harp Music. Very Virginia Shop is hosting vocalist, Ellen James on Celtic harp, from 6-8pm, performing Irish ballads, along with classical songs and old fashioned folk tunes. Also featuring the famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie from Lola Cookies and Treats, which are available in packs of three. Plus sample over 20 different flavors of crisp Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Abstract Art. The Cooley Gallery is hosting a new art exhibit featuring the works of local abstract artist, Denise Rosile. Her current focus is on expressive representations of emotional content, which include symbols and words. She holds a BFA from the Columbus College of Art & Design. Her work is on view in the gallery on the second floor through the month of March.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Guitarist, Tony Greenfield. Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting guitarist/singer, Tony Greenfield, performing from his repertoire of over 200 songs, ranging from classic rock to country and bluegrass to some old American standards.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Music Students! Georgetown Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her awesome music students; all playing a wide array of jazz and pop songs.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Violin Music. The Old Town Grill is hosting live music by classical guitarist, Matthew Mills, who composes music with the influence of Flamenco guitar in every piece.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist, Shane Hines and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-11:00 Album Release Party! The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is featuring DJ Self and Flip’s new album along with a special guest singer. Plus merchandise give-aways, games, free food and so much more. Stop by to try one of their amazing protein shakes, as they are a great recovery shop for fitness with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:30-8:30 Folk Guitarist. Senor Ramon Taqueria, is featuring live music with guitarist/singer, Stephen Wade Crounse, performing a wide array of classic country songs to folk and rock tunes.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is K.W. Benton and her new book, Overshadowed.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Winter’s Tale Art Exhibit. Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County. This month’s show is titled Winter’s Tale. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Nathaniel Davis. Loudoun Brewing Company is featuring the Nathaniel Davis, whose music is best described as indie-folk rock with a strong bluesy influence. He plays an eclectic mix of original music along with some fun, clever re-imaginations of well-known covers of pop and rock songs.
Location: 310 E. Market St
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is featuring several local vendors, who are talented artists and crafters with an event they call Handmade with Love. Stop by to check out these cool locally made items. Light Refreshments.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 7:00-9:00 Spencer! Lou Lou Boutique is featuring live music by guitarist/singer, Spencer Scruggs, performing a range of music from pop, classic rock, to modern progressive rock.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Schuyler’s Show. Photoworks is proud to present a one man show of paintings and sculptures by Schuyler Lake, a fifteen year old student at Loudoun County High School. He has been interested in art as far back as he can remember, but it was his eighth grade art teacher who recognized his talent and encouraged him to spend more time on his art skills. Schuyler is quoted as saying "I want my art to change people's perceptions regarding morals and existence."
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display by Alison Kurtz.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Folk Singer. Pangle and Associates is hosting live music by singer/guitarist, Peregrine North, performing a mixture of original and covers of folk rock songs from England, Ireland and the good old USA. Stop by to check out this friendly real estate firm while listening to some great tunes and enjoying some delicious refreshments too.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event featuring chess, civics and a 3D printer. Stop by for a quick tour of their learning library and hear more about their children’s programs, such as their Leadership Workshops.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 5:00-8:00 Open House with Tea. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived spring fashion with lots of adorable items to help you think happy thoughts about spring, plus some coats and sweaters to chase off those remaining winter blues. Stop by to check out this fabulous new boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages andChili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St.
20 Live Music Events
7 Art Exhibits
3 Wine Tastings
... Plus so much more ...