Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, June 3, 2016
- 6:30-9:30 Maddie Curtis! Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring mezzo-soprano, Maddie Curtis, a recent graduate of Catholic University, where she studied Opera. Maddie is quite versatile, singing in all assortments of genres, having been in over thirty musicals. She was even on Season 9 ofAmerican Idol and went to Hollywood.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Frayed Knots. Señor Ramon Taqueria, downtown’s newest casual restaurant, is hosting a concert on their back patio, with Frayed Knots, a five piece band, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. The band consists of members of the St. James Episcopal Church and a popular local favorite.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 7:00-9:00 Rock Band. Designer Goldsmith is hosting a new rock band,Worthless Drive, featuring four college students all from James MadisonUniversity, playing an array of classic rock and blues tunes.
Location: MarketStation Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 New Restaurant! King Street Oyster Bar, downtown’s newest restaurant, is hosting live music on their back patio with the rock guitar duo known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and LaurieMangold, playing a wide array of classic rock songs.
Location: 12 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Blues Piano. The Old Town Grill is hosting singer/pianist, AnnieStencil, who brings her own twist on some classic blues, country, and soul tunes. She'll have you drinking a Martini with Ray Charles and a beer withJohnny Cash. Come see Annie to hear some of your favorite tunes from the50s, 60s, and 70s.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Show Tunes. The Very Virginia Shop is hosting the classically-trained vocalist, Christina Summers, who sings Broadway tunes along with some classical ballads and opera songs. Also enjoy Lola Cookies and Treats and their famous Ginger Chocolate Chip, which won for best cookie inVirginia! Plus sample some delicious Virginia-made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Puppy Kissing! The Loudoun Museum is featuring a puppy kissing booth with adoptable and adorable dogs from the Forever Home Rescue Foundation. Also tea tasting in the cabin and the Children's DiscoveryRoom is open, where today's youngsters can enjoy a hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. FreeAdmission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SWJune 2016 FF for Website
- 6:30-8:30 Dani and Michael. The Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting two talented college students, singer, Danielle Cullen and guitarist, Michael Stefanick, both former graduates of Loudoun County High School, playing an array of contemporary pop/rock tunes from such artists as Adele, Maroon 5and Third Eye Blind.
Location: 1 Loudoun St SE
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Concert. Blue Mountain Café is holding an outdoor concert by Red White & Blues, a blues and rock band from Purcellville featuring Rich DiStefano, Jim Donlon, Jeff Munzell and Eric Werling. They play classic rock,blues, country and anything with a little twang in it.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Four Guitars! Sona Bank is hosting the Potomac Falls GuitarQuartet showcasing the award winning high school guitar students of music director, Hart Wells.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Beauregard Rock Band. Trinity House Café is hosting a newLeesburg band, The Beauregard, playing all kinds of rock, blues and funk;featuring a “bunch of middle age parents” - Richard Anderson (lead guitar),Dr. Cary Birkitt (guitar & vocals), Susan Bolejack (vocals), Frank Doane (drums), David Goodrum (guitar & vocals) and Marty Williams (bass).
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:30-8:30 Diner Open! The Leesburg Diner, which re-opened recently, is hosting live music by Natural Selection, playing musical styles from classic rock-n- roll, to soul, blues, country, and folk. Natural Selection's trademark vocal arrangements produce a full-bodied mixture of sound that fills any space, from small to large.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Something’s Brewing. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hostingSomething’s Brewing, an acoustic duo with Rick Leith and Mike Hall along with the occasional accompaniment of guest musicians. They play everything from A-Z, classic rock, to bluegrass, folk/Americana to modern day rock,70's to 80's, 90's to today.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Shop! 27 South Interiors is hosting an open house event to celebrate their new home furnishings and accessory boutique, featuring high quality home furnishings made from around the globe. Stop by to welcome Carolyn and Nick McCarter to downtown and enjoy wine tasting with Stone Tower and live music by guitarist, Nathaniel Davis.
Location: 27S. King St.June 2016 FF for Website
- 6:00-9:00 Jessica! Sugar Magnolia is featuring live music by singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing soulful pop and R&B songs, along with some of her own original tunes. Jessica is a student at Potomac FallsHigh School, who was recently accepted to the Berklee College of Music.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display on the walls by a local painter, Cheryl Suitor.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 New Rock Band. Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor party with live music by the students of School of Rock Ashburn along with nachos, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and a food truck . Refreshments offered.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Dolly Rockers. Coldwell Banker is featuring live music rock band based in Vienna, The Dolly Rockers, playing a wide array of cool rock tunes and featuring Eric Lynum (vocalist, guitar), Larry D. (guitarist), Megan Strings (violin), Mike Trippi (bass), Derrick Decker (drums), Loki(didgeridoo, hand drums). Plus family friendly activities such as a coloring/activity table for kids. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. KingSt
- 6:00-9:00 Public Art Open House. The Friends of Leesburg Public Art is hosting an open house featuring live music by Celtic Harpist, MoniqueRobertson and the artwork of several local artists, such as John Detrich, Elise Nicely, Jim Sisley, Cat Kimball, Patsy Babcock, Kim Richards, Steven Soechtig, Constance McNight, Dawn DeBaere, Ute Gil, Juan Gil, Jill Perla,Dana Jansen and the Leesburg Vintage Potters. The venue is sponsored by Sagetopia and the Landmark Group Commercial with refreshments sponsored by Thomas Dunlap of Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig PLLC, with samples by Lost Rhino.
Location: 199 and 203 Liberty St. SW
- 6:00-8:00 Classical Guitar. The West Loudoun Street Café is hostingMatthew Bosek, on acoustic guitar, playing a wide array of classical music along with some pop songs with a twist.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SEJune 2016 FF for Website
- 6:00-9:00 Photos, Music and Wine. Photoworks is hosting a photography exhibit entitled, "Singular Space” by David Rehor, a professional freelance photographer specializing in commercial, editorial and fine art portraiture and darkroom instructor at the Leesburg School of Photography. Plus music by singer/guitarist, Peregrine North, performing a mixture of original and traditional folk music from England, Ireland, and Scotland. Also enjoy the award-winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery! The Cooley Gallery is celebrating the re-opening of their art gallery at its beautiful new location and featuringEncaustic Artist, Tina Kennedy. The Barns at Hamilton Station Winery andFiddlers Chocolate will be available for sample and purchase. Stop by to check out their new gallery and pick up information on their other up comingevents and art classes.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master'sDegree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Outdoor Concert. The Georgetown Café is featuring live music on their back patio with the local rock band, Moelike, playing plenty of rock-n-roll tunes from the past.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. “Fly Me to the Moon,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” and “That’s Amore” are some of the great songs you’ll enjoy. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Mosby! Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting Mosby Territory, playing blues, rock, folk, and bluegrass. The group features Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica, and mandolin and Alona Williamson on vocals, percussion, and keyboard. As a songwriting team, they write in a variety of musical styles and cover topics from humorous satire to gritty stories of real life.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SEJune 2016 FF for Website
- 6:30-8:30 Local Artists! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – HollyPeterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with LibbyStevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery intheir paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. UpperLevel.
- 7:00-10:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locallyacclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from
- 6-8:30,consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. KingSt.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art OpenHouse showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary HopeWorley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W.Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting a reception for the Artists of WLAST (the Western Loudoun Artists' Studio Tour), and wine tastings with the North Gate Vineyards, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 7:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly"meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.June 2016 FF for Website
- 6:00-9:00 Sunflowers! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house featuring local art by Jill Perla, who is known for her awesome floral paintings. Stop by to say hello to Peggy, and check all her unique treasures.They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-10:00 Live Music. Crooked Run Brewing, downtown’s littlest cool pub, is featuring new craft beers along with some cool music tunes. Stop by to try some of the finest locally made beers, crafted on-site by the owner,Jake.
Location: Market Station-Lower Level.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Music. Shoe's Cup and Cork is featuring the live music with vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of jazz tunes.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer,David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.June 2016 FF for Website
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a"Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages andChili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this cool shop,which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in theUnited States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E.Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Friday Night Sew-cial. Finch Sewing Studio is featuring a sew-cial, which is a fun place to work on sewing projects with others and to get help from one of the studio's expert staff. They have the sewing machines and tools on site and are happy to help you get started on a new project or with a project you bring from home.
Location: 102 W. Location St.
- 6:00-9:00 Juice Party! Zootie’s Vapors & Arcades is hosting an open house featuring over 50 new e-liquids. Stop by to check out this new place to hangout in downtown Leesburg and play some video arcade games.
Location: 19Wirt St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event with Mine Craft games for the kids to play. Also take a quick tour of their learning library and learn more about their other upcoming children’s programs.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
30 Live Music Events
7 Art Exhibits
8 Wine/Beer Tastings
... And So Much More ...