Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, December 7, 2018
- 6:00-6:30 Tree Lighting Ceremony. Usher in the holidays at the Town of Leesburg's Annual Tree and Menorah Lighting Ceremony. The festive ceremony will begin with a musical prelude and a holiday message from Leesburg Mayor Kelly Burk, followed by the lighting of the Menorah and tree. The festivities will continue with musical performances from local schools.
Location: 25 W. Market St. (Town Green)
- 6:30-8:30 Dickens Carolers. The Pickwick Players are featuring their Dickens Carolers, dressed in historic costumes, singing traditional Christmas carols, while strolling all around historic downtown Leesburg.
Location: All Around
- 6:30-8:30 Holiday Harmony. Sona Bank is hosting The Old Dominion Chorus, the County's premier a cappella chorus of men, who will be singing Christmas carols, along with traditional barbershop and show tunes.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Grand Opening. The Leesburg Spa is celebrating their grand opening with a ribbon cutting ceremony with the Town Mayor, Kelly Burk. Stop by to check out this brand new massage salon right in the heart of downtown, as they offer free chair massages on First Fridays and will be having lots of opening special along with a drawing for a free facial and massage.
Location: 10 S. King St. Upper Level.
- 6:30-8:30 Cello Choir. Trinity House Café is hosting the Catoctin School of Music’s Cello Choir, playing an array of holiday songs and classical tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-9:00 Blues. Bike TrAle Brewery is featuring locally acclaimed blues guitarist, Willie White and his musical friends in The Willie White Band, playing a wide array of blues tunes along with some classical rock songs.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Sax Man. Very Virginia Shop is hosting saxophonist, Manuel Estrada, performing jazz, pop and rock songs from yesterday and today. He is currently a student at Tuscarora High School and has been playing for over 4 years. Plus you can stop by for free samples of over 20 different flavors of Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Acoustic Rock. SideBar is hosting acoustic guitarist, Tom O’Neil, playing array of your favorite classic rock songs.
Location: 24 S. King St.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station - 3rd floor.
- 6:00-8:00 Jazzy Tunes. The Leesburg Diner is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazzy and fun songs.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 David Goodrum. Shoes, Cup and Cork is hosting live music with acoustic rock guitarist, David Goodrum, playing classic rock songs from yesterday and today.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Jazz Trio. Trungo’s is hosting a night of jazz music with the Lisa Fiorilli Trio playing raspy smooth covers of pop, rock, and jazz tunes. For those of you who think raspy smooth sounds like an implausible oxymoron, come hear how they pull it off with Lisa Fiorilli on saxophone, Patrick Fritz on guitar and Fernando Bolanos on bass.
Location: 2 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 Rosewood & Ivory. Coldwell Banker is hosting the Rosewood & Ivory duo, consisting of siblings, Mayleen (10) and Waylee (8), performing classical and contemporary music on piano and guitar. Stop by to hear these amazing young musicians!
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Crooner Tunes. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Frank, “The Crooner” performs in the stylings of Sinatra, Martin, Bennett, Como and many other Crooners as he is dedicated to preserving the music of the great American Standards Songbook! Frank is available to perform at corporate and charitable events, as well as weddings throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Jazz Piano. Casa Nostra, downtown newest Italian restaurant, is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky, along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, paintings will be on display by their Artist of the Month, Crystal Mills.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 DJ ZBreezy. Bites Wine and Grilled Cheese Bar is hosting music from DJ ZBreezy, on their front porch with an extended happy hour!
Location: 105 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Holiday Art Party! The Tryst Gallery is hosting the opening of two wonderful new shows – the ORD Collaborative Exhibition and Living Water by Anne Stine. As the featured artist for the month of December, Anne will speak at 7pm about how she creates her incredible mixed media pieces. They are also hosting a Holiday Party to celebrate a wonderful year of art. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Fine Gallery is hosting an open house with wine tasting and a new art exhibit. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Photo Club. Photoworks is hosting the Loudoun Photo Club, a non-profit consisting of a friendly bunch of photographers with the goal of improving, enjoyment and mastery of the craft. Some of the photographers whose work will be featured are Pam Miller, Bob Hayward, Patricia Berry, Reggie Foster and Patt Wattanasupt. Also there will be wine tasting with the award winning wines of Fabbioli Cellars.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Artist Reception. Loudoun Street Studios is hosting an artist reception to welcome their newest, artists, Carol Buswell and Dominique Lategano. They join Libby Stevens, a locally acclaimed artist, known for featuring Loudoun County scenery in her paintings. Stop in and add some original local art to your gift giving list! Holiday refreshments provided.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. #217 (upper level).
- 6:00-9:00 Holiday Open House. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting a holiday open house with light refreshments and a special gift away of free gold and silver ball earrings with any purchase. Plus their lovely scarves are on special to help with your holiday gift giving.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Holiday Trunk Show. Madisonbelle is hosting a Holiday Trunk Show featuring jewelry from Parisian designer Marie Laure Chamorel and Colorado designer, Lindsay Bloom. Plus free 30 minute accessorizing appointments are available by contacting the shop to schedule yours.
Location: 5 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Visit Loudoun is hosting a wine tasting event with The Wine Reserve at Waterford along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 7:00-10:00 Mystery Machine. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring the band, Mystery Machine for a evening of fun and lively entertainment.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is to be announced.
Location: 13 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass. Also from 7-9pm, live music with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, performing acoustic guitar folk/rock covers.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House, showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. 27 South Interiors is hosting wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the world.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating the holidays with a “Pour Your Own Beer Happy Hour," with cold beers and showcasing their authentic Chicago style foods. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling half way across the country.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic drinks. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out their selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Veron Ennis Artist Studio is hosting a new art exhibit entitled, Unconventional Landscapes, featuring Veron Ennis, an abstract painter and sculptor, along with guest artist, Luke Greer, a heritage photographer. Both artists draw inspiration from local landscapes and have an expressive appreciation for wide open perspectives with expansive qualities. Visit the Studio and be first to see new works before they are shipped out to Ennis's representing galleries.
Location: 10G S. King St. (upper level)
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 7:00-10:00 Holiday Fun. Delirium Café is featuring the band, Bergamont Rose, known for their nouveau alternative, world fusion and French jazz sounds. The café is also hosting a re-gifting event where you can bring your unwanted gift cards or other gifts that you have and trade them in for Delirium Cafe gift cards. They will take your trade-ins and donate them to local charities!
Location: 101 S. King St.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!