Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, February 1, 2019
- 7:00-10:00 Country Rock. 14 Loudoun is hosting the Jill Fulton Band, whose fiery vocals will blow you away! Get ready for some powerhouse originals along with the country, blues, Motown & rock covers that you love. She is a soulful singer/songwriter and a member of the Nashville Songwriters Association International.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.)
- 6:30-9:30 Gary Smallwood. Trungo is featuring locally acclaimed, singer/guitarist, Gary Smallwood playing an array of classic rock, country rock, and soulful blues and sometimes he even mixes in some funk or show tunes for fun.
Location: 2B Loudoun St. SW
- 7:00-10:00 Rockin’ Blues. Old Town Grill is featuring the band, Big Brad and the Day Drinkers, which a hard rockin' blues band who are known for specializing in danceable grooves and positive vibes!
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Blues. The TarBenders Lounge is featuring locally acclaimed blues guitarist, Willie White and his musical friends in The Willie White Band, playing a wide array of blues tunes along with some classical rock songs.
Location: 10 S. King St
- 6:30-9:30 Mike McCabe. SideBar is featuring acoustic guitarist, Mike McCabe, playing an array of classic and modern rock songs.
Location: 24 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 David Goodrum. Bike TrAle Brewery is hosting live music with acoustic rock guitarist, David Goodrum, playing classic rock tunes from yesterday and today.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Free Chair Massages. The Leesburg Spa, a brand new massage salon right in the heart of downtown, is hosting an open house event with free chair massages.
Location: 10 S. King St. Upper Level.
- 6:30-8:30 Brazilian Music. Trinity House Café is hosting the live music with composer, Josue Santos, play some amazing Brazilian music on his guitar.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:30-8:30 Music & Books. The Very Virginia Shop is hosting a local author and local teen singers. Children’s author, Sean Kaine will be signing and discussing his 3 fun books: Hop on That Bus, Gus; Skeletons are Not Spooky; and Where is That Amazingly Delicious, Incredible Avocado? Also there will be an acoustic duo of singer, Kaylynn Breland with Aidan Preshong on guitar, playing soft rock songs. Plus you can taste free samples of over 20 different flavors of Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz Trio. Georgetown Café is hosting the Daniel Kelly Jazz Trio, playing a variety of jazz music ranging from early-era jazz to modern contemporary pieces.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station - 3rd floor.
- 6:30-8:30 Laurie Blue. Shoes Cup and Cork is featuring a concert with rock guitarist, Laurie Blue, playing an array of classic rock songs that you can sign along to.
Location: 17 N. King St
- 6:30-8:30 Sax Man. The Leesburg Diner is hosting saxophonist, Manuel Estrada, performing holiday songs, along with some jazz, pop and rock tunes from yesterday and today. He has been playing sax for the past four years and is currently a student at Tuscarora High School.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Shop. The District Hemp Boutique is hosting an open house to showcase their new location in downtown Leesburg. They are the first hemp-based CBD store in the area and have a wide array of hemp products with naturally occurring cannabinoids, ranging from oils to hemp-infused dog treat. Stop by to check out Leesburg’s new shop and enjoy some light refreshments.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 7:00-11:00 Diverse Music. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring international touring artist, Indi Makeyzo, who performances cover a diverse and smooth blend of soul, funk, R+B, rock and reggae. He has played with a number of prominent bands including "The Wailers" w/ Bob Marley and even opened for Jimmy Buffet. His show combines vocals, rhythm and beat, guaranteed to move your feet on Friday night.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-10:00 Jazz Piano. Casa Nostra, downtown newest Italian restaurant, is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky, along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, paintings will be on display by their Artist of the Month, Kuriakose Joseph Thekkel.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 DJ ZBreezy. Bites Wine and Grilled Cheese Bar is hosting music from DJ ZBreezy, on their front porch with an extended happy hour!
Location: 105 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 The MCO Show. The Tryst Gallery is hosting a Premier Reception of our group exhibition MCO. In their featured artist space, they are welcoming June Jewell with her Bold Little Paths exhibition, as she is their featured artist this month and will be speaking at 7 pm! There are over 40 local artists in this show, so visit on First Friday to see this cool exhibit and meet many of the artists Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Fine Gallery is hosting an open house with wine tasting and a new art exhibit. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 Artist Reception. Loudoun Street Studios welcomes new resident artists, Carol Buswell and Dominique Ann as they join Libby Stevens, a locally acclaimed artist. Please stop by and see the vibrant diverse artworks from local Loudoun County artists! Light refreshments served.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. #217 (upper level).
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Lou Lou Boutique is open late for First Friday with an array of new winter fashion and some lovely scarves to keep you warm and jewelry to make you dazzle.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is to be announced.
Location: 13 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass. Also from 7-9pm, live music with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, performing acoustic guitar folk/rock covers.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House, showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. 27 South Interiors is hosting wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the world.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing their authentic Chicago style foods. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling half way across the country.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-7:00 Open House. Madisonbelle is hosting an open house showcasing their latest fashions and jewelry along with some great winter accessories so you can stay warm.
Location: 5 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. Art Sweet Art is hosting an art show and wine tasting with the October One Vineyard with Rob and Loree Ruby. Stop by to see some cool local art and try chocolates with wine.
Location: 2B Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Yum! Gruto’s Ice Cream Shop is featuring their yummy soft serve ice cream, which they make locally with love. Stop by to see how this little parlor is all about having a good time while enjoying delicious and affordable ice cream!
Location: 107 S, King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Bluegrass Music. Crooked Run Brewing is featuring the Short Hill Mountain Boys from Lovettsville, playing their old-time bluegrass tunes.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!