at Blue Mountain Café
at Lou Lou Boutique
at Black Shutter Antiques
at Trinity House Café
at Leesburg Vintner
Larisa Mangione& Students
at Shoes Cup and Cork
Dani and Michael
at Designer Goldsmith
at Doener Bistro
at Old Town Grill
at Sugar Magnolia
Laurie Mangold at
Gary Rudinsky at
King Street Coffee
Hard Swimmin' Fish
at the Cajun Experience
Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, July 3, 2015
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Half King Studio is celebrating their new music business in the heart of historic downtown Leesburg with a fun open house event - featuring live music by nationally known Todd Wright, along with local musicians, Half King is a building dedicated to the creation of music, as it's the home of Music Planet Radio and legendary DJ, Cerphe Colwell, as well as songwriter, Todd Wright. Stop by to check out this brand new music venture and enjoy some great tunes and some light refreshments.
Location: 13 ½ S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Just South of Seven. Georgetown Café is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with the band, Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Julia. Blue Mountain Café is featuring live music on their back patio, with locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. She now has a successful solo career with a focus on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rockn-roll.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is holding an outdoor concert by Red White & Blues, a blues and rock band from Purcellville featuring Rich DiStefano, Jim Donlon, Jeff Munzell and Eric Werling. They play classic rock, blues, country and anything with a little twang in it.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 Frayed Knots. Trinity House Café is featuring Frayed Knots, a five piece band, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. The band consists of members of the St. James Episcopal Church and played to rave reviews at last year's Shocktober Haunted House.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-1:00 UDoVooDoo. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting the UDoVooDoo band, playing classic rock through today’s current hits, all with a passion for putting on a lively and fun show. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's an open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St. Blurbs for July 3 2015
- 7:00-9:00 Graham. Very Virginia is hosting Graham Boone, an instrumental guitarist all the way from Nashville, performing acoustic rock melodies. Plus stop by to sample some fabulous gourmet foods - all made here in the state of Virginia.
Location: 16 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting a wine tasting event with a local winery, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 7:00-10:00 Music by Butler. Leesburg Brewing Company is hosting Music by Butler, performing an array of jazz, blues and acoustic rock. Playing such venues as the Tally Ho and the Joshua's Hands Festival, this group of young adults is passionate about music and loves to put on a fun, energetic show with a touch of artistry!
Location: 2C W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Larisa. Shoe's Cup and Cork is hosting by Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of Jazz tunes. Also performing are several of Larisa Mangione Music Studio’s students, playing a variety of pieces.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 7:00-10:00 Laurie! Palio’s is featuring Laurie Mangold, who is a singer/songwriter guitarist and flutist, who frequently collaborates with other musicians. She performs solo and as a member of GLAURIE, playing a variety of classic rock and folk rock songs.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Paul and Ethan. Pittsburgh Rick’s is hosting an acoustic duo with two of the guys from the former band, Echo the Red, featuring Paul Odenwaldt and Ethan Lann, playing an array of songs from classic rock riffs to softer, more modern tunes.
Location: 116 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Americana Blues. Home Helpers is featuring Mosby Territory, an acoustic duo playing their own brand of Americana - blues, folk, bluegrass, and rock - as well as a number of originals. The duo features Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica, and mandolin and accompanied by his wife, Alona on vocals, percussion, and keyboard. Will is the winner of the DC Blues Society solo/duo Battle of the Bands in 2013, and he went on to compete in the International Blues Challenge in Memphis TN. As a songwriting team, they write in a variety of musical styles and cover topics from humorous satire to gritty stories of real life.
Location: 101 E. Loudoun St. (on the corner of Church and Loudoun St.) Blurbs for July 3 2015
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz Band. Sona Bank is featuring the Catoctin School of Music’s Jazz Band, featuring talented young musicians from several area high schools, performing an array of contemporary and traditional jazz tunes. The student ensemble includes Ethan Ditthardt, Alex Brun, Nic Alphonson, Fernando Bolanos, and Elliot Bernard. Light refreshments served.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Zachary. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting singer/guitarist, Zachary Jones, playing an array of rock and jazz tunes. A gifted and talented young musician with a love and passion for guitar and vocals, Zachary currently plays with the band Off Topic, and is a freshman at Tuscarora High School.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music on the Porch. Sugar Magnolia is hosting pianist, Olivia Stickley, singing a variety of hip rock and folk tunes.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. Trisha Adams' Art Studio is hosting an open house event, featuring recent oil paintings by Trisha Adams. Refreshments will be served.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-8:00 Artisan Demonstration. The Loudoun Museum is featuring an artisan demonstration with local artist, Dana Jansen, who creates unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry and wearable art, using natural stones and wire. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 VCU Arts! Photoworks is featuring an art exhibit entitled VCU Arts Freshman Show and hosted by Sammie Sheedy. The exhibit showcases the art of Krysta Meredith, Matt Crooks, and Katie Lang, all VCU Arts incoming freshman. Also enjoy music by Will Gonzalez, another incoming VCU student. Plus, wine tasting with Lost Creek Winery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. The author for July is K.S. Ruff and her four-book Broken series of romantic suspense novels, such as The Broken Road and Broken Wings, just to name a few. These books are intended for the eighteen and older crowd. They’ll seriously melt your Kindle, so you’re better off purchasing paperback during Leesburg First Friday.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St. Blurbs for July 3 2015
- 7:00-9:00 Classical Guitar. Black Shutter Antiques is featuring classical guitarist, Andrew Weed, who recently graduated from James Madison University with a degree in music and who also teaches guitar lessons.
Location: 1 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this shop which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Sunflowers! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house featuring local art by Jill Perla, who is known for her awesome floral paintings. Stop by to welcome Peggy to downtown, as she moved her shop from Hamilton, to check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi and The Piedmont, the urban blues of Chicago, and funk infused varieties with roots in New Orleans' second line.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-8:30 Art Open House. Gleedsville Art Publishers is hosting an art open house featuring paintings and drawings by local artists such as Catherine Thomas, Sue Kelleher, Bill Schmidt, Antony Andrews and Grant Hacking.
Location: 5 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Exhibit. The Hopps Art Lounge (formerly known as Night Gallery) is hosting a unique collection of art with a Midsummer Nights Dream theme by owner, Kevin Dunn along with other local artists including Christopher Skowron, Meagan Mullins, Eden Gali, Paula Dea Creo Bannerman, Shane Bronson, Liam Harrison, Natalie Adams Paragrive, Cecilia Rose, John Detrich, Louie Haas, and Kristen Miller Starling. Light refreshments.
Location: 18 S. King St. (upper level)
- 7:00-9:00 Gabi Bonifant. Georgetown Café is featuring singer/guitarist, Gabi Bonifant, a recent graduate of Stone Bridge High School, playing acoustic rock and accompanied by Kevin Boyle also on guitar.
Location: 19 S. King St. Blurbs for July 3 2015
- 7:00-9:00 Crooner Tunes. The Old Town Grill is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment, who will be performing songs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Nat King Cole and Michael Bublé. Frank croons throughout Northern Virginia at private events, country clubs, and weddings.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician and Loudoun County High School teacher, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of rock music, along with some of his musical friends. Also, be sure to check out the cool art on display on the walls by the talented Loudoun County High School art students.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music with a Latin beat and an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live from 7-9 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Dani & Michael. Designer Goldsmith is hosting is hosting two talented college students; singer, Danielle Cullen and guitarist, Michael Stefanick, both graduates of Loudoun County High School, playing an array of contemporary pop/rock tunes from such artists as Adele, Maroon 5 and Third Eye Blind.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Best Rack Around, downtown's specialty bra and lingerie boutique, is open late until 8pm, stop by to check all their fabulous and unique items!
Location: Market Station - Upper Level, near Tuskies
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station - 3rd floor.
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Specials. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating Chicago in downtown Leesburg with special authentic Chicago style hot Dogs, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St. Blurbs for July 3 2015
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. TW Firearms is hosting an open house to showcase their numerous products and services. Stop by to check them out.
Location: 26 S. King Street - upper level.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is hosting an open house with specials. Stop by to shop to help support all the good charities that Blossom and Bloom supports.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The 24 Hour Watch and Clock Repair Store, a new shop on Market Street, is hosting an open house to showcase their specialty watch, clock, and jewelry repairs.
Location: 18 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Friday Night Sew-cial.
Finch Sewing Studio is featuring a sew- cial, which is a fun place to work on sewing projects with others and to get help from one of the studio's expert staff. They have the sewing machines and tools on site and are happy to help you get started on a new project or with a project you bring from home.Location: 102 W. Location St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is featuring the art of Leesburg artist, Betty Ganley, whose watercolors from the coast of Maine to the shores of the Chesapeake, including the ancient fishing villages and blooming gardens of England will be on display at the Leesburg Exhibit Hall through the end of August. Betty Ganley, an internationally recognized name in watercolor, is the recipient of over 80 awards for her vibrant floral and marine paintings, receiving “Best of Show” in many, including at the Village at Leesburg’s inaugural “Artful August” juired art show in August 2013. Many of her works have been published in art-related magazines as well as major art books as a result of national and international competitions. Ms. Ganley is also the author of 10 Secret Gardens in Watercolor, part of the Artist’s Projects You Can Paint series.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
24 Live Music Events
6 Art Exhibits
4 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...