Larisa and Chris Mangione
at Georgetown Café 7:00-9:00
at Sugar Magnolia
Just South of 7
Low Water Bridge
at Trinity House Café
The Top Tones
at Pangle & Associates
at Pittsburgh Rick’s
at The Leesburg Diner
Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings at Kings Tavern
at Georgetown Café Patio
at Designer Goldsmith
at Leesburg Brewing Company
at Black Shutters Antiques
at Leesburg Vintner
Red White and Blues
at Blue Mountain Café
at Lou Lou Boutique
Gary Rudinsky & Friends at
King Street Coffee
Jan and Jeff at
Shoe's Cup and Cork
at Doener Bistro
at Old Town Grill
Hard Swimmin' Fish
at the Cajun Experience
Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, book signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, May 1, 2015
- 6:00-9:00 Grand Opening Party. A Little Wedding Studio is hosting a grand opening party featuring music by the popular bluegrass band, Jake and the Burtones along with amazing food supplied by Rochelle Myers Catering, makeup demos by Victoria Stiles using products by Limelight by Alcone and floral bouquets by Petals and Hedges. Stop by to help them celebrate the opening of A Little Wedding Studio!
Location: 18 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 A Show of Hands. The Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour is hosting an art exhibit featuring sculptures of the WLAST’s iconic handprint created by local artists and community groups in honor of the 10th anniversary of the Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour. Come enjoy this new park and see original artwork, as well as pick up fun information about the Artist’s Studio Tour, that will happen June 20-21. After their debut on May 1, the sculptures will be installed throughout the County at various sponsor locations.
Location: Mervin Jackson Park on Loudoun St.
- 7:00-10:00 New Brew Pub. Leesburg Brewing Company is hosting guitarist/singer, Anthony Semiao, playing an array of classic and modern rock songs. Stop by downtown’s newly renovated brewpub, offering craft beers and local wines with great BBQ and other Americana foods in a windowed, vintage storefront.
Location: 2C W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring a concert by local rock band, Just South of 7, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of 7 (formerly known as In Decision), is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Top Tones. Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor concert with the Top Tones, a Beatles cover band, along with a display table with lots of information about Loudoun County’s upcoming Relay for Life event which will be held at Heritage High School on June 6th, which raises awareness and funds for the American Cancer Society.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:00 Rock Unplugged. Blue Mountain Café is featuring on their outdoor patio, Red White and Blues, a blues and rock band from Purcellville playing classic rock, blues, country and anything with a little twang in it.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Vegan Bake Sale. Very Virginia is hosting a vegan bake sale by the Loudoun Veg Group and featuring a wide array of healthy and delicious desserts and snacks. Also, live music by Connor McLaughlin, playing an array of classic rock to modern pop tunes. Plus you can sample some fabulous gourmet foods - all made here in the state of Virginia.
Location: 16 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Barber Shop Harmony. The Leesburg Diner is hosting the Chorus of the Old Dominion’s LoCo4, Loudoun County's premier a cappella quartet of men singing in four part harmony. They sing barbershop and doo-wop, as well as some spiritual and show tunes, all over northern Virginia.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Blues Singer. Palio Ristorante Italiano is featuring singer/pianist, Annie Stencil, who brings her own twist on some classic blues, country, and soul tunes. She'll have you drinking a Martini with Ray Charles and a beer with Johnny Cash. Come see Annie to hear some of your favorite tunes from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Guitar Quartet. Sona Bank is hosting the Potomac Falls Guitar Quartet, showcasing the award winning high school guitar students of music director, Hart Wells. Refreshments served.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Annie Stokes. Pittsburgh Rick’s is hosting acoustic singer/songwriter, Annie Stokes playing a wide array of rock, pop and folk tunes on guitar. Stop by to try out some of their wide array of Pittsburgh specials,
Location: 116 E. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Americana Tunes. Trinity House Café is featuring the band, Low Water Bridge, with amazing vocals and harmonies that soar over inspired playing in a set list of diverse folk, Celtic and country/Americana music. They take the likes of traditional music and artists such as Alison Krauss, The Beatles and Johnny Cash and blends it into something new and inspiring. Stop by the Trinity House Café, which is an outreach of the John Paul II Fellowship, to check out this cute café.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 5:30-8:00 New Art Studio. LoCo Art Studios is hosting Habitat for Humanity along with live music by Evan Nicholls. Stop by to listen to some tunes while checking out the cool artwork of Lisa Strout, John Detrich, Jill Perla, Dana Jansen, Susan Serafin and Bethany Widom and enjoy some light refreshments.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Shop! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house to celebration their new location, as they have moved from Hamilton to historic downtown Leesburg. Stop by to welcome Peggy to downtown and to check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:30 Dennis. Coldwell Banker is featuring live music with Dennis 4 Mayer, along with family friendly activities such as a coloring contest for kids. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 7:00-9:00 McKenzie. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, McKenzie Mees, playing an array of pop and rock tunes.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music on the Porch. Sugar Magnolia is hosting live music with acoustic singer/guitarist, Will Salzman, playing a wide range of music.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. Trisha Adams' Art Studio is hosting an open house event, featuring recent oil paintings by Trisha Adams. Refreshments will be served.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-8:30 Open House with Tea. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Photo Exhibit. Photoworks is hosting a photography exhibit showcasing their over 30 years in business in historic downtown Leesburg, Also wine tasting with Lost Creek Winery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. The book for May is “Cancer is Ruff,” by local photographer, Kathy Kupka, a photo book written and illustrated with the help of man’s best friends – to lend support and provide humor for patients undergoing cancer treatment.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi and The Piedmont, the urban blues of Chicago, and funk infused varieties with roots in New Orleans' second line.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:30-9:00 Jan and Jeff. Shoe's Cup and Cork is hosting live music hosting the popular guitar duo, Jan & Jeff, performing from their wide repertoire of songs, from classic rock to contemporary to bluegrass and old standards.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Jazz Duet. Georgetown Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of Jazz tunes. Both are music teachers with the Larisa Mangione Music Studio.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Civil Unrest. The Hopps Art Lounge is featuring art exhibit for May entitled Civil Unrest, with Kevin Dunn’s graffiti inspired art and complimentary mixed media art, which will generate new conversations. This month’s show also features art by Christopher Skowron, Meagan Mullins, and Eden Gali, all first time artists for the gallery. Returning artists include Paula Dea Creo Bannerman, Shane Bronson, Liam Harrison, Natalie Adams Paragrive, Cecilia Rose, John Detrich, Louie Haas, and Kristen Miller Starling. Light refreshments.
Location: 18 S. King St. (upper level)
- 7:00-9:00 Outdoor Concert. Georgetown Café is hosting a concert on their back patio, featuring the new band, Therapy, playing an array of classic and modern rock, with four talented high school students, Ally Goodnight, Paul Odenwaldt, Chuck Wilson, and James Pesce.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Crooner Tunes. The Old Town Grill is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment, who will be performing songs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Nat King Cole and Michael Bublé. Frank croons throughout Northern Virginia at private events, country clubs, and weddings.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician and Loudoun County High School teacher, Gary Rudinsky, playing an array of rock music along with some of his musical friends. Also, be sure to check out all the cool photography by Renee Pusser, displayed on the coffee shop’s walls.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music with a Latin beat and an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live from 7-9 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Best Rack Around, is hosting an open house event.
Location: Market Station Suite F (upper level - near Tuskies)
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 Matt and Justin. Designer Goldsmith is hosting a new duo known as Arriving Somewhere, consisting of singer/guitarist, Matt Dotson along with drummer, Justin Finger. They play a wide range of pop and alternative rock songs.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station - 3rd floor.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Smooch Studio, downtown's only custom makeup studio, is hosting an open house event. Stop by to learn about making your own custom lip glosses and foundations and check out all the cool makeup products and classes that they have to offer.
Location: Market Station (upper level - near Tuskies)
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Well and Good Wellness is hosting an open house to showcase their organic beauty boutique complete with wellness coaching and eco spa services. Stop by to meet owner, Lauri Bosserman, a registered nurse and certified holistic health coach and ask about how she can help you by connecting the parts that make up the whole you, including relationships, physical activity, careers and spirituality.
Location: Market Station in the Log Cabin
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is downtown's newest antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this shop which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:30 Art Open House. Gleedsville Art Publishers is hosting an art open house featuring paintings and drawings by local artists such as Catherine Thomas, Sue Kelleher, Bill Schmidt, Antony Andrews and Grant Hacking.
Location: 5 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jeans Whisperer is hosting an open house to celebration their new location which is right next door to their old spot. They offer a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Specials. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating Chicago in downtown Leesburg with special authentic Chicago style hot Dogs, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals and refreshments.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. TW Firearms is hosting an open house to showcase their numerous products and services. Stop by to check them out.
Location: 26 S. King Street - upper level.
- 8:00-10:00 Glass Blowing. Allura Glass Studio is hosting a live demo of glass blowing by Dario deHoyos, who will be making pendants, ornaments and small sculptures along with a mystery musical guest.
Location: 209 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is hosting an open house with specials. Stop by to shop to help support all the good charities that Blossom and Bloom supports.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The 24 Hour Watch and Clock Repair Store, a new shop on Market Street, is hosting an open house to showcase their specialty watch, clock, and jewelry repairs.
Location: 18 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Location. The Reign of Cats & Dogs has moved to a new place which is across the street from their old location. Stop by to check out their new shop and feel free to bring your four-legged friend in for a treat.
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is featuring the pastel and oil paintings of local artist, Laura Mazer, whose artwork will be on display on the walls of Town Hall’s first floor, through the end of May. Laura graduated from Park View High School in 1986. After earning a BA in Art Education from Shepherd University, she received an MA in Art Education from VCU. Laura has earned recognition for her pastel work in juried art shows at Oatlands Plantation and numerous shows at the former visual arts center, ArtSquare.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
26 Live Music Events
8 Art Exhibits
2 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...